Top 10 NBA Players Right Now
Top NBA players is a great debate among all the NBA fans. I created a list of the Top 10 NBA Players Right Now, and I add some more players that deserve it. Without any further or do, here is the full list:
1. Lebron James – has carried all his teams since day 1. At 33, an age where the majority of players show a decline. Lebron James still proving he still has more to give. Takes good care of his body, probably the best athlete in that category if there ever was. What would I like to see is how Lebron will impact the Lakers? Will his scoring dip while allowing the young ones to shine and develop. It does not mean it diminishes his scoring ability. I would like to see his game evolve where there is a great balance. This would even make his life more comfortable and play into his late 30’s which is actually his mission. Ring or no ring with the Lakers, he will be great. For his haters, don’t count him out just yet.
2. Kevin Durant – Fans hate him for joining an already strong team but make no mistake about it, he is a great player, and his defense is fast catching up. He is hungry for more rings. Many think he will go to another team after this season. You may be right, and I am one of them. Why? Because his game fits in all NBA team. Every team needs a scorer. Even in LA, Lebron could use his help to get that ring for the Lakers. While players and fans dislike Kevin for switching teams hence the “snake” tag. Deep down, they want him to be on their side.
3. Steph Curry – his impact is enormous. Changed the way shooters play their game. His 2 MVP’s is a testament to his big jump to superstardom. Could end up as the best shooter slash point guard of all time. As a leader, he is somewhat underrated, but his coach recognizes its value. He is on a mission to establish their own legacy in this modern NBA. The clock is ticking for him because he is the oldest of the core. GSW will still be a championship contender in the next 3,4,5 years with Curry leading them.
4. James Harden – should be thankful to Mike D’Antoni for unleashing his game. The best at making contact and makes his living at the free throw line. Has become a better defender and passer. JH just needs to perform better in the playoffs. That is still the knock on him. He disappears on critical stages. With the addition of Carmelo Anthony, it could be good or bad. It could be another ring or another wasted opportunity. They have shown they can beat the Warriors with hi leading the pack. Time to make it happen.
5. Anthony Davis – he is the best big for a couple of years now and will continue his dominance. He can play inside and outside. His game can still exist in this time where small ball is becoming the name of the game. Rumors are now telling us that he wants to leave as well. What’s wrong with these guys? AD might be sick of losing already, but it would be at the Pelicans where he can establish his greatness. Hope he sticks around and just builds the team piece by piece.
6. Russel Westbrook – a great individual talent. Has had 2 years of getting triple dub averages. He just needs to win to prove his legitimacy. Critics are split on him being a team player as his teams would seem to be underperforming with him. Still a great talent nonetheless.
7. Giannis Antetokoumpo – His improvement has been noticed. Jason Kidd helped him grow his game. More confident than ever. Now that Jabari Parker is gone. More is expected from him soon. Bucks will only go as far as he can take them. Should be an MVP candidate this year.
8. Chris Paul/Kyrie Irving – CP3 still playing at a high level, this might be his year to get a ring. CP3 getting injured deep into the playoffs showed how vital he was to the Rockets. He’s had chances while with the Clips, but hero ball issues with Blake Griffin cost them. Kyrie despite his injuries still an elite player. It will be interesting how far he and Gordon Hayward can carry the Celtics. The C’s has a solid line up and is favored to win the East. Kyrie transferred to Boston because he wants to be the top dog. If finally healthy, here is his chance.
9. Joel Embiid/Ben Simmons – Definitely the 2 best young players in the game. Their impact has been heard. Joel is becoming dominant on both ends of the court. Ben is a once in a generation kind of talent that seldom comes. Both overcome long layoffs because of injuries. That might be the trick for the top picks to excel immediately when they come back lol. Seriously, this duo could give the 76ers a ring soon.
10. Paul George – Quietly playing an elite level. Coming back from the horrendous injury, most expected his career to come to an end but has exceeded expectations. He needs to win now to silence his critics. Right now, he is playing alongside RW to make the Thunder better.
Missing from the list:
- Demarcus Cousins – his injury prevented him from being in this list. It remains to be seen if can recover. 2019 will be the year if we see him breaking out from his injury but not this season.
- Demar DeRozan – Almost there. Waiting for his impact with the Spurs.
- Kawhi Leonard – will be back to Top 10 if he plays well with the Raps.
- Blake Griffin – his game has plateaued.
- John Wall – injuries and inconsistencies prevent him from being a top ten player.